Friday, July 26, 2013

Foodie Friday ~ The Stylista

First off, this is not a food blog, but a girls gotta eat and I love to sit down and search for new recipes.  Being on the low carb kick that I am, I have been searching for some alternatives to the things I know and love.  


Some homegrown love, Mac-n-Cheese, a southern staple.  I have found a very tasty replacement...



Cauliflower and Cheese   


Ingredients:
1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt (optional)
Directions:
1.    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.    Cook the cut cauliflower in boiling water for 5 minutes.    Drain well and let drain in a colander while making the sauce.
3.    Bring heavy cream to a simmer, add cream cheese and mustard, whisking until smooth.
4.    Stir in 1 1/4 cups of cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and whisk just until the cheese melts.
5.    Transfer cauliflower into an 8×8 pan, and pour sauce over the cauliflower.  Stir so it’s all coated.
6.    Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until browned and bubbly hot

I will be adding a little bit of real bacon to it, cause everything is better with bacon.

The benefits are that it is low carb which is exactly what I wanted and I am getting all the flavor that I am missing when I am not eating pasta.

I found this recipe here, thank you for posting it.  



The Stylista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.