Sunday, March 17, 2013

Girl on the Street ~ Review of Testtube Beauty Sample Box ~ Lindsey Jones

It's been a while since I have reviewed anything...I was disappointed in the last Birchbox so I started looking around for other sample boxes and did I ever find a winner....

Introducing ~ Testtube

brought to you by New Beauty Magazine




New Beauty Magazine Award Issue
Very pretty magazine, it was packed and I mean packed with product reviews and tips.  Beautiful photography, organized layouts and great content.  I am definitely looking forward to my next issue!
The inside page for the cover story

What's in the Tube, you say?????  Lots of wonderful goodies, I didn't even make it out of the post office before I opened the giant pink and white box.  I think the lady at the counter gave me a funny look when I squealed with delight...




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tarte ~ Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush 
Retail $25

This was full size, and of course I had to try it out as soon as i got home.  It comes in the color "Flush," I think after the initial application I need to back off a bit, it is very highly pigmented and I didn't use but a tiny bit.  The color might be more appropriate for a darker skinned lady and not my Teutonic white skin.  I used a Simple cloth to remove it, more about that later though.

tarte blush in Flush

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vichy Liftactiv Serum 10 

full size retail  ~ Liftactiv Serum $52, Liftactiv Eyes $45

Vichy provided samples of anti-aging products, for the eyes.  It states all you need is one drop to smooth away wrinkles and lift the eyelid, we shall see.  




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Simple ~ Sensitive Skin Experts

Cleansing Facial Wipes

Full size retail (25 ct.) $5

Back to the Blush, I used one of these wipes to remove the blush when I was done playing.  It works very well and with very little effort, left my skin feeling fresh like I had just washed it. It also has a very pleasant scent.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stila ~ face of the day 

Multi Purpose Gel Cream Moisturizer

Full size retail ~ $38

The description says "This Gel Cream not only boosts moisture levels, but helps plump, firm and protect all while improving the look and feel of your skin."  Ill take their word on it for now.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


dr.brandt ~ pores no more

cleanser

Full size retail ~35

I was just thinking that I needed to try out a new cleanser and this might be it.  This was formulated for combination/oily skin and that is me.  It has tee tree oil, willow bark and salicylic acid for exfoliating.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were in the tube but oddly there was no description in the leaflet.  I will do my best to talk about them.

Phyto ~ Paris

anti-frizz

I can't wait to try this, I have the unruliest hair known to man.  If this works, I am buying a case of it.




 Gift cards for spalook.com




I am more than pleased with my new treasures and if you are interested in getting your own tube, it is super easy.

Its 29.95 plus 8.95 shipping US.
It comes every three months and I think for the value of the products inside, it's definitely worth the money.

Mwuah, 
Lindsey J.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.