Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Love Affair With Black Eyeliner ~ Erin Montgomery






Please don’t tell my husband but I have been having an affair…
With who?
With my life long partner in crime, the one who gives me a little extra confidence, the one who has been by my side through thick and thin, the one who will always have a special place in my heart.
My Black Eyeliner!
It is said that black eyeliner is a staple product in almost every women’s cosmetic bag and after digging through my various bags of make up I am not afraid to admit that I have at least one liner in each bag.

At the ripe age of 15 I had my first experience with the black pencil eyeliner, with an unsteady hand I tried to apply the liner like I saw in the magazines, just a beautiful line right across the lash line, needless to say I looked more like someone who had gotten in a fight than someone off the pages of Seventeen Magazine. The eyeliner had definitely won that war. But as I grew up I became more confident and my hand became steadier and I am proud to say that I conquered the black eyeliner.

From there I slowly transitioned into liquid and gel liners creating a different effect each time. My personal favorite is the retro style of the winged eyeliner. Worn by some of fashions most influential women like Audrey Hepburn and Brigitte Bardot the winged eyeliner was and still is considered to be very sexy and feminine. 

Black eyeliner is the beauty industries go to item. It will never go out of style, while the style it is applied may be altered you can rest easy knowing those 3 new eyeliners you just bought won’t be a beauty fad. 


Don’t be afraid to experiment with your liner it will take you places you have never imagined you could go. It will become your other half, the one you never leave home without, the one who knows you best.

~ Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.